Assigning tags associated with I/O points coming from an ABB TotalFlow

SiriusMark

Greetings, first post ever.

I'm new to PLC's, long history of electronics maintenance (Radars), and two years of Instrumentation experience. I understand the concepts involved with what I'm doing, but still learning the ropes. So here is my problem.

I have an already established system using wonderware. The operators have asked me to finish a screen that someone else started, giving them the ability to look at all the inputs from two separate TotalFlow devices on the platform. 7 of the 9 devices associated with these TF's are working, so I only have 2 that I have to get working. Each device has 10 variables assigned to them.

So, here is my problem. I know the access name, node, application, and Topic Name associated with the inputs coming from the TF's. I also, through the use of Historian, figured out the register number for each specific I/O point that I need. I have assigned all of this information to the tag, using the Tag Dictionary. I then assigned that tag to the appropriate animation. I saved everything, received no errors. Closed out WindowMaker, opened WindowViewer, and no. I consistently get zeros for every tag I created.

I've compared my tags to the previously existing tags and everything looks identical other than the specific address for each I/O point. I really don't know what I may be missing, but I'm assuming that there is some final step in the process that I am not seeing. So....

Help?!?

Quick update. Used SMC to view the status of the updates to the PLC. For some reason, it isn't seeing any information coming in for the two devices I am having problems with. So my issue isn't the tag I'm creating, it's something with the PLC talking to the TotalFlow.

I'm not sure I understand that either, since 6 of the 8 devices that are hooked up to the TotalFlow ARE giving information to the PLC, and if I go to the TotalFlow and link up with it with ABB's software, everything looks good.

Is the access name setup correctly in WM? Are the Total Flow units Ethernet devices? If you're sure the item names in the tags are correct, it could be the access name isn't setup correctly. You don't have some legacy node name in there do you?