FT .mer file

bb1fit

If you lose your HMI (craps out for some reason), where do you find the .mer file on your computer? Where the heck does Rockwell store it? I know can do a restore application with application manager, but shouldn't I be able to find that .mer file? Thanks...

Hi

I would just use the search window and type in *.mer to find it
But I would also try
All users, documents, rs view enterprise, me, projects, runtime

This may not be perfect but is Close sorry but this is only from memory as I am only on my phone at present

Donnchadh

If you open FT Studio on your computer and then click Application create The Window that opens is The Runtime Folder. You can drag it out to copy or right click and copy from there.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime\

Thanks for that. I can open runtime and load an application, what I am trying to do is the get .mer file to send to another site. They lost their HMI and I have an old copy (Rev.1) of their HMI. I was trying to just copy the .mer file and send it. I see in the path you mentioned under RSView Enterprise the MERuntime, I do not see simply an ME file. If I hit MERuntime, it opens up ME station like it would on the HMI to load an application, as the HMI would on configure, but does not produce the .mer file so I can copy it. Hope that makes sense.

Can you open the .apa file to edit in RsView? If you can do that, then you should be able to "convert to runtime" which will create the .mer file in the runtime folder. You'll need to be careful to convert it to the correct runtime version. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking for, or if you've already tried that. Post a screenshot of what you have and it may be easier for us to assist you.

Can you open the .apa file to edit in RsView? If you can do that, then you should be able to "convert to runtime" which will create the .mer file in the runtime folder. You'll need to be careful to convert it to the correct runtime version. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking for, or if you've already tried that. Post a screenshot of what you have and it may be easier for us to assist you.

Yes sir, you are correct. I can do that, and is normally the way I open/restore an FT application. And yes, I create a runtime file, and then test. However, that does not give me the access to the .mer file to copy. But thank you kindly for your reply. Much appreciated.

You may not have Windows Explorer display set to show file extensions. The .mer file extension is for the MERuntime file.

Darn, I kick myself for not thinking of that. Thank you sir. Much appreciated. I have that set on my personal, this is a work laptop, and I didn't think about it.

Last edited: