Trying to Restore MER File

nachostraffic

I'm trying to restore an MER file I uploaded from a client's machine.

Here's what's happening:
1. restore runtime application
2. select MER file I uploaded, leave password blank
3. leave name how it is and click finish
4. Once the progress bar hits Alarm Setup (on top) / Machine Alarms (on bottom) it asks for a username and password.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1edrfTHyi9YTyq281G8AvFG45AKOW7o0d/view?usp=sharing

Plant engineers don't know of any username/password I can use.

The operators say they never have to enter credentials to this HMI.

I have tried the typical admin/password combinations.

Is there any way to get around this so I can restore it?

I suspect it is at the point where it is creating the application on your PC and needs to know what user name and password should be used. I think this is a PC issue, not an MER issue.

Normally it wouldn't ask for this. But perhaps this is a new install of FT software that hasn't been used before, or the computer name was recently changed.

I would run the FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard. When it launches I would make sure the Local Directory checkbox is selected (it should by default). Then when it asks for a username and password, enter your Windows user name and password. If you are an Administrator on your own PC you will be a "Windows Administrator" in FactoryTalk.

Once this utility finishes running, try restoring your MER again. This is what I would try. It doesn't hurt anything if it isn't the actual solution so it is worth a try.

OG

Got it figured out.

In CMD used command "whoami" and put in the name exactly as the username. Entered the password for my VM's administrator account - and it restored successfully.