Factory Talk View SE

Hi Guys

I have a problem with my Factory Talk view SE
I have changed the IP Address on the PLC and my HMI stopped getting the Process values to it.
Gave me an error

CommandCliTagHMIService.exe - Application Error

Did anyone face this issue before.

any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Vamshi

Changing the IP Address broke the defined link so the HMI is looking for an IP that is no longer there. You will have to put the IP addy back to what it was or define a new link in the project / RS Linx Enterprise.

It depends what are you using for OPC server. If RSLinx Enterprise then yes under Communicaitons Tab. If RSLinx Classic then point the topic definition under topic configuration.

Ron & Raj

I have defined Topic in Rs linx Classic and pointed to my PLC & manually added my Ethernet card in the RS Enterprise so that HMI can pull data from the PLC.
But once i close the HMI “commandCliTagHMIService.exe-Application error” Pops up.

and also my Alarm Summary graphic is not populating any alarms.

Kindest Regards,
Vamshi

If you are using Enterprise, you don't need to define the topic in Linx Classic. In the enterprise configuration, you should be able to see the PLC and select it. You don't select the ENBT module...you drill down through the ENBT to the backplane and PLC. Is your HMI and PLC on the same subnet? From the PC are you able to ping your PLC's IP address? Start with the basics first and make sure you have established communications.