going online with a slc 5/02

valspar

Its been a long time and I must be forgetting something basic.

I have a 5/02 with a fault.

I have a pcmk card in my laptop and a cable from it to the 5/02. I think I have tried every configeration to get online but cannot. I even pulled off and went and tried a different 5/02 process with no luck.

I have read forums in here for an hour and tried what I could find.

pcmk dh-485, rslinx, station numbe 0, speet 19.2, max station 31

I am out on the line right now.
`

Welcome to the Forum !

I don't know what else to tell you, though: all your settings look correct for connecting to an SLC-5/02 with a 1784-PCMK card and 1784-PCM2 cable with RSLinx Classic software.

99% of DH485 networks run at 19200 baud, but you can always check 9600 baud too.

And I've never seen a controller set for Node 0, but you might try a different Node number for your RSLinx station.

I tried the different baud rate, a differnt cable, and changing the node......... nothing helps............maybe I have a bad card???
Thanks for your reply.

In Linx does the driver for the PCMK card (AB-KT1 as default) show running? If it says port conflict or Error then it wont work. As above maybe you have a PLC at node 0 so setting to a higher number might work.

Still battleing this today.............. Thanks for the help........ have someone else with a laptop and pcmk card comeing out to try to connect.............. my computer shows no conflicts and is receiving and sending packets to and from the pcmk card........... I guess the card could still be not operating and / or both my cables are bad.

Thanks for everyones support.