Alternate Wiring Connectors for Kinetix 350

benaiahhenry

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey Everyone,

I just got quoted $75 from my Allan Bradley vendor for a 2097-CONN1 replacement connector set for a Kinetix 350 drive. I know AB stuff is always expensive, but this seems a little steep...does anyone know of any alternative connectors that work with the Kinetix 350's?

Thanks,

-Benaiah

Hey Everyone,

I just got quoted $75 from my Allan Bradley vendor for a 2097-CONN1 replacement connector set for a Kinetix 350 drive. I know AB stuff is always expensive, but this seems a little steep...does anyone know of any alternative connectors that work with the Kinetix 350's?

Thanks,

-Benaiah
http://www.flexcable.com/welcome-to-flexcable/
Look for breakout boards.
I've used them a lot with kinetix series hardware.
Solid!

bkottaras is correct and our AB distributor has actually recommended these for us.

Just a heads up though, some of the encoder connectors we used did not have a way to ground the shield, so you may have to find a good way to get that done. Also, if you have an issue with noise and your AB service tech sees an off brand connector, they may tell you to replace it before they go any further.

I'm not saying don't use them, just be aware.

http://www.flexcable.com/welcome-to-flexcable/
Look for breakout boards.
I've used them a lot with kinetix series hardware.
Solid!

Thanks for the link! It looks interesting, but I'm slightly confused as to what exactly its replacing. Is the FCBB-K3C-50-42 (link) a replacement for the 2097-TB1 (I/O Connector) and the FCBB-15-16 (link) is a replacement for the standard low profile encoder connector?

Do you know of any connectors what would work for the other functions (input/output power, STO, etc)?