Power consumption

Charbel

Dear,

i was looking at the attached control devices from schneider and how to estimate the power consumption,
from the attached and clouded, i can depict that since the current per channel is 0.5A at 24V, i can say that the maximum power consumption is 0.5*16*24 = 192W.

Please advice.

Charbel

This seems to be the base only. Hence the idea of either inputs or outputs
The 2 amp protection fuse and the 1.8 amp limit for the common.

Dear iant,

thank you for your quick response, in this case, how do u think the power consumption can be computed?

Your calculations are based on absolute maximum power. This is normaly never achieved
You could have twenty 10 amp power points in a house but you don't use 200 amps do you.
You need to look at what will be running at any one time.
There has been many posts about interposing relays
This is how you protect your PLC outputs.
As far as 24 Vdc power supplies I find most small machines need no more than 2.5 amps total
I have seen and wired machines with 20 or 30 amp supplies. But these are very large machines

For DC power supplies I use the new ones from Omron - they are not much more than the Taiwanese ones and are much better quality. I quite often use 8-10 amp DC power supplies as I have to feed power to many external devices including remote touch screens and the like. 10 amps for under $80au - cheap as and good quality too.

In regards to similar kind of topic I wanted to ask a simple question.
I have an Ultrasonic Level Transmitter operated on 24 V DC with an output of 20mA and maximum error Amps as 22 mA.
So does it mean that the maximum power consumption of this Transmitter is 24*22=0.528 Watt ??
(converting mA to Amperes)

Please correct me

P=V*I
V=I*R
Rt= sum or all R's in the cct

Correct yourself if you need to