Trumpf Laser with TCP barcode reader

JDCROCKETT724

I am hoping someone on here has a lot of experience with Trumpf laser markers. I have a Trumark Station 5000, and I am looking at an application where I take a Cognex barcode reader over TCP in order to mark parts using barcode data from a label. I have found that I can make it work with a USB connection in keyboard wedge mode. However, an operator could start typing something into the field and then scan a barcode, and then all the characters they entered would be combined with what was scanned. There is a "receive data over TCP" block in the Quick Flow software, but I cannot get this to work. As soon as I start the program it faults out saying the host is incorrect. I also know that my reader is configured correctly, because I can see the data come through the port when I have the Trumark software in TCP/IP mode. However, this mode, to my understanding, is for control of the laser and not for reading in barcode information. o_O