Problem with Panelview550. Im new to plc's.

stephen4785

I have an issue with an AllenBadley Panelview550. It controls 2 natural gas compressors. It is supposed to start each unit when pressure drops below a certain point then it unloads the pressure between discharge and suction to equalize them both so when it starts back up the compressor isnt loaded. When the bypass valve opens the suction pressure increases and when the unit goes to start back up it shuts down on high suction pressure. I cant set the suction pressure kill higher. The odd thing is that it works fine on comp#1 but has an issue on comp#2. Soon as it starts it flags high suction and faults out. Iv read the manual and I cant figure out how to get into the settings to change the warm up timer or if there is a warm up timer. Im not sure if I can change it on the plc panel or if I have to hook up a computer and use panelbuilder or some other program.
If anyone has any experience with these or knows anyone please let me know.
Thanks

G'day,

I'm pretty sure that the Panelview itself will not be controlling your compressor. It's just an HMI. There must be a PLC somewhere that the Panelview is getting its data from... that's where you need to take a look.

if you can find the model of PLC that's running the show you'll probably get some better answers.

Can the machine supplier not help, or is this a custom built machine?

I agree with Saffa. There are a few things that could be causing that issue, and I doubt that the root is the panelview screen. You will have to monitor what the logic is doing. Since it basically has a duplicate that is working fine, it should be pretty easy to compare any minor or major differences in the two systems. They could be logic issues or they could be hardware issues.