Passing Tag between two Compactlogix

PoseidonHo

I have two Allen Bradley compactlogix PLC that come from different panel, One of the CompactLogix will output the data to other CompactLogix as Input.
Let say some output PLC A will connect to input plc B.
Can I use a Ethernet connection to passing through the data to replace the output to input wiring since there are ethernet port on the controller?

Yes. They will need to be connected to the same network in order to "see" each other, then you can use a produced/consumed tag or MSG instructions to pass data.

Similar Topics

Hi All, I grew up using Intouch Active X trending so FT is a bit of a disappointment :-( What i'd like to be able to do is have the operator...
Replies
Views
I'm using FactoryTalk ME version 13. I'm aware how to pass a parameter file once, but I was wondering if it is possible to do it twice...
Replies
Views
I inherited a project in which a ME application displays process measurements (temp, pressure, flow, etc) on a PanelView Plus display. The data...
Replies
Views
My first real attempt at utilising the AOI function in Compactlogix. The issue I'm having is, I have an array of INT[400], but in my AOI I'm only...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Sorry for the dumb question but I am still new. I have learned to pass Parameters using an HMI tag so far. Can I write directly to the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom