Terminal Block Numbering

Tim Ganz

I am laying out terminals for my control panel in AutoCAD. I will have a strip that will ahve nothing but Grounds. I have an existing strip labeled TB1. Should the strip with grounds be labeled TB2 or something like TBG for grounds?

How do you do it?

I will usually label a complete terminal strip like this: DCTS1 or ACTS1. I will normally put the grounds at the end of the strip. I will then label the wires DCTB1-1 OR DCTB1-GND.

I normally use the green and yellow terminal blocks and do not label it since it's self explanatory. Some others I have installed have a ground bar screwed to the backplate with just a ground symbol next to it

Yes I don't number or label the green blocks either. Just the standard ones. If I just a bunch of blocks together to make a Neutral or DC Ground bus I wont number those I just put a N or a - on the label.

I usually incorporate ground blocks into my other terminal strips but don't label them. Personally, if all there is on the strip are grounds it is functionally identical to a ground bar, which I don't label.

What about mixing AC and DC wiring on the same strip? I have TB1 can it contain ac and dc wiring or should I make a seperate strip TB2 for DC wiring?