Changing plc5 processor

memph101

Changing out a plc 5/20 to a plc 5/30 is there anything that needs to be changed on the back plane as faras dipswitches, or is it a direct swap out.

1. this should be a direct swap. nothing to change.
2. you will need to change the program from a 5/20 to a 5/30 and recompile the program.

3. any messages, pid loops, remote i/o, or anything special like that? you may have to re type in the commands.
we have to do that on slc 5/04 to 5/05 cpu's. dont know about the plc5's.

regards,
james

The plc is setup as a remote from a VME card thereis a total of 2 plc5 being controlled by the VME card.

Thank you for your response.

Similar Topics

Having an interesting problem. On a plc5 the hour word (S:21) changes during the night by 12 hours. This has happened twice in the last week...
Replies
Views
I need advise on a redundant PLC 5. I need to modify the ladder logic and add in some new data files for a redundant PLC5/40. The system is...
Replies
Views
Hi to all. We need to change a bad powerFlex 525 to a new one. How do you save the configuration to install in the new one? Thank you all for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am having an issue where some of my HMI push Buttons and Indicators go in to error when I navigate to a new screen. I am using a...
Replies
Views
We have a new machine that uses an armor block to transfer input signals for conveyor position that continuously alarms out on no position change...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom