Upload to OMRON CPM1A

bayeibrahima

Hello
I connect online with OMRON CPM1A plc using CX programmer 7.2 and download with no problem (upload and dowload operations are done correctly.
But when I try to upload to plc the same programm backed up few days before,I receive a prompt talking about communications problem while in Device manager the Cable is detected.The "Transfer to plc" text is not active.
Can someone tell me what is the problem.
Best regards.

CX Programmer 7.2 is very old
I suspect it is not handling the USB adapter correctly
try checking or setting the Com port address permanently

Hello Iant thank you for your post
The cable is detected on port number 1 (uploads and downloads are done with this port)
I'll change it to port 3 for example and let you know.
Best regards

When you plug in the adaptor you can check the port allocation in Device Manager - it is also possible that the old version of CX-P may not be able to handle a comm port above 4 - in that case follow Ian's directions - too far back to remember.

HelloBob
With this version of CXP; i go online and download the programm; upload it again to the plc.
It's only when I unplug the cable and to try to upload the same programm; i get communication problem; while the cable is detected in Device manager.
If it's it's a question of old age of software; how can you explain this phenomena.
Hope to read you soon
Best regards

Do you have any problem whem going online to monitor the PLC??
Have you tried a "Compare with PLC" on your program???
It would be interesting to know if you get errors monitoring or get an error on a compare.

Hello Mendonsy
No problem to monitor the plc when going online.
I've noticed the "Compare with PLC" option; but I did not know what it refers to.
To avoid downtime; fortunately; I bought the same plc model a few month ago to a friend, and I 've just replaced the power card which is damaged with the good one and all work fine.
The power card is at Electronic board office; once they finish,I'll try what you said previously and let you know.
What will be the next steps once I get errors using compare tool?
Hope to read you soon
Best regards.