Replaced the battery on Logix5563/5561, but got battery fault.

wendaiyu

Hi, guys, we bought some new batteries for Logix5563/5561. But after plugging them in, battery indictor on the controller was ON. So we had to change the current battery back and ind. was off.

We used the meter to check batteries and there were 3V on them.

Could you tell us how to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot.

the battery fault light is a 'Minor Fault'
you need to clear this via the PC software

the battery fault light is a 'Minor Fault'
you need to clear this via the PC software

No, the battery light goes out automatically, and the minor fault state is cleared, when you put a good battery in.

wendaiyu - If it is a known good battery that you are putting in, and the light doesn't go out, then I suspect the controller may be faulty. Have you got another controller you can try the battery in? Or have you got another controller with a battery (light off). You can use that battery to test this controller....

HI Daba - I was thinking it would be fairly old firmware.
Some PLC's (maybe not this one) need the fault internally cleared.
I dont have access to the software any more. (not working for the same company)
but normally to clear a minor fault you needed to use the software.