Opening Sample Files

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
I currently have Studio 5000 R21 and am attempting to convert parts of our machines to motion coding (will make our system much easier to monitor). The problem I am running into is I cannot open most of the sample codes. I am presented with the attached error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

2014-08-24 15_52_20-Logix Designer.jpg

5K comes in many flavours, you may check what is supported by your software by going to

Help->About Logix Designer->More Info

This show you what you have installed. I guess your copy do not support SFC.

5k comes in many flavours, you may check what is supported by your software by going to

help->about logix designer->more info

this show you what you have installed. I guess your copy do not support sfc.

2014-08-24 20_05_35-Clipboard.png

Could someone convert the sample file to work with the compact logix so I could review it? Is that allowed?

You probably have RSLogix 5000 Lite or Mini Edition which do not support the ControlLogix controllers. They only support CompactLogix and FlexLogix controllers. You need Standard, Full or Professional Edition to work with the ControlLogix.

You can have the sample project converted to CompactLogix, but that sample uses SFC (Sequential Function Chart). If you only have Lite, Mini, or even Standard Edition, SFC does not come as standard. It's only included with Full or Professional Edition. It is available for purchase as an add-on option though. Unless you already have that installed, converting this sample project will be of little use to you.

Some info...

41622 - RSLogix 5000: Support for the ControlLogix Family controller is not installed.
Access Level: TechConnect

25818 - RSLogix 5000 SFC General Overview
Access Level: TechConnect

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw your screenshot of installed components. You're good to go for a conversion!

Regards,
George

Last edited:
I'm not sure you're going to be able to convert this to a COMPACT-Logix format (to fit your "Mini" edition) - but here's a PDF printout of the same CONTROL-Logix sample file from version 19.01 software (all I have available on my home computer right now) ... maybe this will at least get you started on seeing the layout ...

good luck with your project ...

Last edited:
I've converted it to a L36ERM, I'm not sure what it will look like since I don't have SFC but I'm guessing all the motion stuff will have errors since it was using a SERCOS card in the ControlLogix that I didn't add back in to the CompactLogix version of the project. The I/O also has the same problems since the card that it was on doesn't exist. You can probably re-build all that if you need to though.

However, the forum uploader was telling me that it was to big to post (even zipped) so PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

-Benaiah