Setting up a Powerflex 525 with DataLinks

ryman1998

I'm having problems setting up my PF525 with Embedded Ethernet in the RSLogix 5000 controller organizer. I have the correct AOP and EDS files installed (I think). I can create the module with no problems and all is good. If I try to set up some Datalinks and download the changes to RSLogix and go back online the drive is now faulted in the controller organizer. When I revert back to the configuration without DataLinks the drive is running and communicating OK with RSLogix. The fault I get in the Controller Organizer is: (Code 16#0110) Connection Request Error: Module not configured. I hope this post makes sense. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

I'm having problems setting up my PF525 with Embedded Ethernet in the RSLogix 5000 controller organizer. I have the correct AOP and EDS files installed (I think). I can create the module with no problems and all is good. If I try to set up some Datalinks and download the changes to RSLogix and go back online the drive is now faulted in the controller organizer. When I revert back to the configuration without DataLinks the drive is running and communicating OK with RSLogix. The fault I get in the Controller Organizer is: (Code 16#0110) Connection Request Error: Module not configured. I hope this post makes sense. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

ryman1988,

When you use datalinks you need to download their configuration to the drive otherwise the drive does not know to look for them.

There are three ways to do this (probably more but these are the 3 I have used):
1. Manually: Go to the drive parameters C153 to C 160 (C153- C156 are the inputs and C 157-C160 are the outputs) and enter the parameter number for each of the Datalink inputs and outputs you will use.
2. CCW: Using connected components workbench create a PF525 file with the datalinks configured and download it to the drive using the USB port.
3. RsLogix 5000/ Studio 5000: This is the method I normally use. While offline, open the drive in RsLogix 5000 and select the last tab (I think its called drive but I dont have the software infront of me now). There you should see the option to download to the drive. Select this and then from RSWho select the drive you wish to download to and send the parameters.

Forgive me if my directions are a little off, I´m doing this from memory and I dont have Logix 5000, or CCW infront of me to give you a true step by step.

I hope this helped.
Regards
Ian

Usireland is spot on. If there is a dl mismatch the drive will not communicate. Be aware that there are 3 places that all must match in order for this to work properly.

1. The drive definition
2. The parameters for the drive saved to the project
3. The parameters in the drive

I have run into issues win this several times in the last year. I do not find the set up of data links on the 525 very intuitive and I wish that Rockwell would improve that. I have had enough issues with this that I have reverted to explicit messaging.