Mitsubishi Servo MR-J2 replacement with MR-J4

zai_jnr

Dear All,

I've got assignment from my boss that ask me to replace obsolete model servo amp MR-J2 with new version of servo amp MR-J4.

Actually this is my first time working with servo motor. Just wondering where to start to study this new integration.

Is it I need to start to study the existing system first and then think/study about new system?

Where can I find practical tutorial regards to this servo amp application in term of setting inside GX Configurator etc?👨🏻‍🏫

Seriously, I'm no idea where to start and study.

Thanks a lot for who reply this thread.

Hey Bro,
First of all please tell us what software you've got and what is your motion CPU.

You might want to watch some of those video from Mitsubishi University on Youtube to get some ideas. Such as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk9FiCxPiVk

If you are using GX Works 2, then this start-up guide will be very useful just to get some ideas, that's how I was getting into servos:

http://www.meau.com/Files/SH_NA_030102-A.PDF?ID=010000000000000001000013439400000

My teammate was doing a similar upgrade to yours recently, so I didn't work directly on in but just helped him out occasionally. The GX Configurator part is easy, you just need to setup few simple settings just to get it running, you can worry about the tuning and such later. The settings should be either in that video or that tutorial I've provided the links for.

The complicated part is that the parameters for MR-J2 and MR-J4 have different buffer memory locations. There are different ways of changing them so we need to know what software you're using.

-VaSA

Hey Bro,
First of all please tell us what software you've got and what is your motion CPU.

You might want to watch some of those video from Mitsubishi University on Youtube to get some ideas. Such as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk9FiCxPiVk

If you are using GX Works 2, then this start-up guide will be very useful just to get some ideas, that's how I was getting into servos:

http://www.meau.com/Files/SH_NA_030102-A.PDF?ID=010000000000000001000013439400000

My teammate was doing a similar upgrade to yours recently, so I didn't work directly on in but just helped him out occasionally. The GX Configurator part is easy, you just need to setup few simple settings just to get it running, you can worry about the tuning and such later. The settings should be either in that video or that tutorial I've provided the links for.

The complicated part is that the parameters for MR-J2 and MR-J4 have different buffer memory locations. There are different ways of changing them so we need to know what software you're using.

-VaSA

Dear VASA,

Thanks for your reply.

PLC Using for this system is Q12H and I'll use GX Configurator to setup parameter inside servo MR-J4. And GX Developer for ladder program and parameter buffer setup inside logic ladder.

I'll review your info link and study. Thanks a lot for your advice.

Anyone else who can give more advice. I'm really appreciate and million thanks.