Connecting Omron PLC using Citect SCADA v6.0

budiman

Dear All,

I would like your help on my problems for connecting PLC Omron CJ2M-CPU32 Series using Vijeo Citect SCADA.
As i have read in some forums, that to connect is using OMFINS driver, that in Omron would known as Omron FINS Ethernet driver.
But i have tried to configure the CITECT by myslef but it keeps on failed.
Would you mind to help me solve this problem?
The problem is only for communicating problem and i do not know what is the configuration for OMRON PLC CJ2M-CPU32.
Here i attached the pics that i capture from CITECT v6.0
Thx.

Best Regards,

Budiman Chandra

GAMBAR1.jpg

V6.0 is very old - better to update for a start. I have never used the OMFINS driver as it is quite restrictive with the newer PLCs as to the word types that can be accessed - it is also very old. I normally use the Omrons FINS software and then configure the newer Citect FINS driver to work with the Omron software - access to a greater number of word types. Another option would be OPC but I have never used it - tried it once and not a huge fan.

Dear BobB
i have same problem with cj1m plc. i wana to connect citect V7.1 to my plc via serial port.
what are configurations for this communication ? o_O

tanx