2080-lcd keys/lcd/menus, etc

RMore

Is anyone aware of detailed working examples for implemeting a simple menu system for the 2080-LCD mOdule used on the Micro810 controllers?

I have some Micro 810s here and a 2080-LCD, but I've never gone as far as what you are suggesting, so I have no experience in setting up menus as such? I'm not even sure if it does programmable "menus"? Or do you mean screens?

Here's some info...

466043 - Using the keypad and KEY_READ FB on micro810 to manipulate data values
Access Level: Everyone

If you need some more help, and if I am able, I'll gladly assist you.

Regards,
George

I have done this, but unfortunately do not have the permission to send a program to you.

On my project I created a simple interface with about 16 screens that were used to display and set user-values in the Micro810.

It takes some time and pain but is possible.

Several pointers...
Will need instruction KEY_READ to read the 2080-LCD keys.

The instruction LCD is used to create the display. All input tags to that instruction are STRING, so all your numerical values will need to be converted.

I used the UP and DOWN arrow keys to scroll through my screens and the LEFT and RIGHT arrow keys to modify values on the screen.

As I mentioned before, it isn't the cleanest solution and takes a fair bit of time to set up, but in my case it was for a product line where the code was re-used so the time was justified. The code to make my screens ended up using 75% of the memory with the remaining 25% left for logic :(

Geospark, Thanks for the replay. Unfortunately, the link in your reply isn't working on my computer. Is there another way I can access the information?

Sorry, the link URL got corupted after I pasted it in and swapped editor mode. If you haven't already, you need to register with the Knowledgebase to view it, but it's free...

466043 - Using the keypad and KEY_READ FB on micro810 to manipulate data values
Access Level: Everyone

G.

Micro810 example programs

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and PLC programming in general. I've done a lot of block type programming using HP VEE (now Agilent VEE) designing ATE (Automated Test Equipment). I'm now working with the Micro800 series PLC's. My first project will use the Micro810. I've installed the CCW software and have been looking at a few examples playing around with things but would like to find more examples to learn from. The three examples in the tech note 466403 are very helpful but I need more complete programs I can use to teach myself how the various elements in the FBD's and LD's are used. Any and all help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken