# sign in Statement List

SirCumference

Could anyone tell me what the following STL instruction means?

Code:
L    #R_Data_Length

I understand the load part, but what does the # mean? It's not just part of the variable name, is it?

I assume this is for a Siemens PLC.

If the variable has a # in front of the name, that means it is a local tag, ie it is declared in the interface of that block (in, out, inout, temp, etc) instead of globally (symbol table or PLC tags).

Similar Topics

Hi, I want to build a demo station to test devices and programs and I need some help with it. I want to connect GuardLogix, Piltzmulti and...
Replies
Views
I've run into a non-plc issue that is proving hard to solve. I'm designing a mechanical device that has a base/foundation that must satisfy the...
Replies
Views
I have 32 masters in a linear topology network chain. I would prefer to use AL1xxx series from IFM. They do support device level ring if that...
Replies
Views
On my HMI-1200, I'm trying to assign the image of a floppy disk ("save" icon) to a function key. I couldn't find one in the default drop-down...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody. I got some problems about how to perform this task Now, I got an FB where I have this code snippet that looks like: L P##DBD_134...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom