feedback

rookie77

Hey guys,

This ties in with a thread I started a few weeks ago, I was in the process of writing everything up to "show and discuss" but then hit a little snag.

On a saw operation that always cuts the same material (therefore, blade speed is set, no adjustment), what is the best way to control head feed rate from an electric cylinder?

Hydraulics have an advantage in the fact that when the blade dulls it will not force its way down on the material, the saw will "hang up" a bit and eventually cut through

How do I capture this on a micrologix1000 (can i?)

What id like is to have it so that if the blade is dull the feed rate slows down and allows it to cut properly,

Thoughts?

Hello
I am not familiar with your eletric cylinder or process but there is always a solution to a problem.
You could use an encoder to monitor the speed or something as simple as (2) switches one start one finish and a timer. Monitor the time it takes from start to finish as time increases decrease the speed.

Tom

Last edited:
Thanks Tom, I will look into that for the time being, may be a good solution to get us through the testing process anyways