Kinetix 5500 Feedback Device Failure

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
One of the Kinetix 5500 in a machine is getting a Feedback Device Failure, subcode 66: INTERNAL RESOURCE ACCESS ERROR.

Studio 5000 V.34
Kinetix Firmware V2.008.

Maintenance says they've changed the feedback cable. The fault is not happening in the other servos in the machine.

Any particular considerations when the sub code is INTERNAL RESOURCE ACCESS ERROR?

I found a tech note (access level: TechConnect):
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/700900/loc/en_US#__highlight
It says that there's a known anomaly with VPL motors where the drive shows " FLT S47 Subcode 66". The condition can show up and gradually worsen over time. Solution is to flash the drive's firmware to v2.008 or higher. It also says that v2.008 can show up as v2.8 or v2.08.

Thank you for the comment! I actually upgraded to V2.008 and the issue kept happening.