SLC 500 Ser. B or C

jjgulley

I have a bad output module 1746-0A16 ser. C. I have a spare module 1746-0A16 ser. B I would like to use to replace this bad unit. What is the difference between the Ser. B and C and can I make this swap without any issues?

you shouldn't have any issues using the B to replace the C ...

but ...

the real question is: WHY is the C "bad" in the first place? ...

suggestion:

tell us more about what you're seeing - and how you're testing - and maybe we can help save you some trouble ...

TIP: these TRIAC types of modules usually don't just "go bad" for no reason ... did it get overloaded - and "pop" an output? ... are you testing its outputs with a meter - and finding that the outputs are all testing ON - even though they should be OFF? ... etc. ...

Last edited:
I have one output terminal that is remaining energized and powering a solenoid valve to a Pneumatic pump when the output is off. The pump is remaining on at all times. This has always worked normally in the past and has just recently started. We did have a coil go bad on the solenoid to the pump and I'm thinking it may have damaged the output causing it to remain energized.

We did have a coil go bad on the solenoid to the pump and I'm thinking it may have damaged the output causing it to remain energized.

based on that - your conclusions make perfect sense ... sounds like replacing the module is the answer ...