Averaging a differential pressure in RS5000

congo1995

I am trying to figure out the best way to average a differential pressure reading to activate a shutdown if out of limits. The high limit is 8 and low is 2. Currently, I was just doing a GRT and LES to activate a timer. However, they are wanting to see the if the HOULRY rolling average is greater than 8 or less than 2 (per EPA regulations). Any easy suggestions???

Thanks in advance...

Welcome to the forum!

If you take a look at my recent post here you'll see a simple filter calculation. It can be adapted to RSL5k using a CPT instruction.

To figure out the value for Tau, you'll need to know your program scan time and deduce the number of scans to get a reasonable snapshot. If this type filter doesn't meet your requirements, you can search this site for averaging examples.

Hope this helps.

I've been looking at the AVE instruction, however I'm not 100% sure on the array setup for a 1hour average (if the requested pack interval is at 100 ms). Anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Use a FIFO queue and the AVE instruction.

attachment.php

You Need 36000 Samples per Hour?
10 per sec. X 60 = 600 per min X 60 min = 36000 per hour

You might want to break that down into more than one Array. First Average you 10 values for 1 sec. Then Move That Value Into A 60 Sec Array and Average That. Then Move That Value Into A 60 Min Array.

I think doing something like this will give you more options to determine different levels of detection. This way you'll get values for Seconds, Minutes, and Hours.

Take A look At the FAL instruction to Populate your array. Use it Incremental Mode this allows you to copy your values into the array then when the length is reached the FAL will loop and overwrite the oldest value.

If you need sampling at 100mS then I suggest you log to a DB and let your logger furnish you with the rolling average.