Numeric Input Control

jerry_smith

Hi guys,
I want ur suggestion on how to do the following:
HMI RSView32

I have a numeric input field for setting the hour some action should be started and a another numeric input field for setting the minute, so the operator can enter the hour and minute the action needs to be started and it starts automatically at that time.Now my PLC logic does not work good for 0 Hrs 0 Mins.The operator can either enter a 23 Hrs 59 Mins or 0 Hrs 1 Min.
Is there anyway to make this work where if i enter a 0 in the Hour field , i cannot enter a 0 in the Minute field?

And one more question. This may look silly. Is there anyway to remove the Update field button in the numeric keypad available in RSView32. It confuses the operator. All they need is to use the download button to download the number to the PLC. By mistake they press the Update field button and since the display shows the new entry, they think that the value has been loaded to the PLC. Did anyone face this problem before and do u have a way to work around this problem?
Thank u
js

RSVIew 32

You could set up some code in the PLC.
If EQU Hour = 0 and EQU Min = 0 Then MOV 1 into Min.

This way if they sat Hour to 0 and Min to 0, once they press download,
the minute would change back to the minimum of 1.

As far as the second part of your question, I have no ideal if you can do that.

jerry_smith,
The best method to prevent that Update Field button from being pressed is to not use the numeric keypad, but instead have the operator type in the numbers from the computer keypad.