PV Plus Security

outlaw9801

Is there a way i can have a panelview log out the current user at a certian time say like a shift change? So everyday and 6 am it will log out and at 6 pm it will logout.

If you use the security functions of the PanelView you can't, but you can enable the auto logout function in the Project Settings/Runtime tab.
If you use a remote value for security you could trigger a remote macro with something like "system/hour > 18" and write a tag with the macro.

even if you CAN – you need to consider whether or not you SHOULD ...

think about what might happen if the machinery is running happily along – but the operation is going into a little bit of "overtime" to get a production run finished ...

suddenly the operator gets "logged out" ...

would that be a problem? ...

specifically, what would the machinery do until the operator – or his "next shift" replacement - can get "logged in" and ready to take control of the system? ...

in your case this might be of absolutely ZERO concern ... just party on ...

in other cases the situation could become a "lawyer level" experience ... be sure to think it through ...

Last edited:
In this application the operators do not login for any of the normal operating functions. They log in because different operators have more right then other. There are some operators that are alowd to change recipes on product and other items. If the user is logged out it will not in any way affect machine performance or safety. Thanks for the feedback though.

Is there a way i can have a panelview log out the current user at a certian time say like a shift change? So everyday and 6 am it will log out and at 6 pm it will logout.

No.

You can Display a Message/reminder or You could use the RemoteDisplay in Global Connections To Open a Window That requires the operator to log out to close the window.

If you look at the expression editor on the Connection tab of an object you will see a button labeled FUNCTIONS
one of the categories is Security. There are 2 tags. CurrentUserHasCode() and CurrentUserName() So you can create a Macro to move one of these values to a tag you could monitor in the plc. If Current_User is still logged on past time allowed then open screen and require log out.

One last thing. Under Global Connections you'll see a Macro Tab. Use one of these to run your update Macro for your user. That way you can use an expression or tag to initiate your update. Just Remember to Name The Macro

Macro1, Macro2 which ever one you choose.