Panelview Plus changing Security @ runtime?

jonfarrugia

Is it possible to have users/admin change security at setting runtime.
I'd like to have the administrator able to change user passwords.

As far as I know, this is not possible.

FactoryTalk View was designed to take advantage of Windows domain controller password management, with features like password strength and aging, and administrative control of all users and passwords at the Domain Controller level, just like enterprise networks of Windows do for desktop computers.

But the PanelView Plus does not have local administrative control over passwords and users. Heck, the passwords themselves aren't even stored on the terminal (only a hash value is stored). And the PanelView Plus's history of connectivity to Windows Domain Controllers is poor at best.

Domain based authentication from Panelview Pluses straight to a Windows 2008R2 or higher server is not possible.

I am currently developing a Factorytalk View SE app in concert with a Softlogix5800 app that will allow pass login information from a PVP+ and pass it through a Factorytalk View App to login to a domain and authenticate via VBA.

The PVP+ will not be using any built in security and will use a UDT from the Softlogix as it's security modeling and control.

All PVP+s in the system will have seperate security UDTs in the Softlogix.

I sure wish Rockwell had an XP Embedded Logic module for PVP+ as it is my understanding that the big problem is that CE can not authenticate to Server 2008.