Panelview Plus is changing colors

509sparky

I have a Panelview Plus 1000 that started getting a pink hue on the screen a month or so ago. Now it is starting to change to a bright orange color in a few areas. Any idea why it would be doing this?

Well the immediate three that come to mind...

• Loose connection between LCD and Driver
  • Screen going bad
  • Driver going bad
I have also seen (not on a PV+ but a possibility nonetheless) where overtighening the mounts flexed the LCD.

To be serious: I haven't seen color degradation on a PV+ screen. When I've seen damaged cables or failing video drivers, it's been color lines or squares of screen that have gone blank or inverted; standard damaged video stuff.

Do the discolorations appear to be along pixel borders, or are you seeing more natural borders or blotches ?

Any trouble with the touchscreen sensitivity ?

Anything interesting about your installation ? Humidity, unusual chemicals, pressurized cabinets or stresses on the bezel might cause the LCD to misbehave.

See if you can get Bruce MacDougall (North Coast) or Brian Rootham (RA) to come out and see it with their own eyes. They're fair about warranty issues, and if this is a production quality problem they'll want direct feedback to get to the factory.

To be serious: I haven't seen color degradation on a PV+ screen. When I've seen damaged cables or failing video drivers, it's been color lines or squares of screen that have gone blank or inverted; standard damaged video stuff.

Do the discolorations appear to be along pixel borders, or are you seeing more natural borders or blotches ?

Any trouble with the touchscreen sensitivity ?

Anything interesting about your installation ? Humidity, unusual chemicals, pressurized cabinets or stresses on the bezel might cause the LCD to misbehave.

See if you can get Bruce MacDougall (North Coast) or Brian Rootham (RA) to come out and see it with their own eyes. They're fair about warranty issues, and if this is a production quality problem they'll want direct feedback to get to the factory.

The sensitivity seems to be a little off, nothing that bad though. The only issue with the installation is the possibility of moisture getting back behind the touchscreen. I think I took care of this problem by running a heat gun (a safe distance)around the back of the screen area, and caulking around the edges of the screen, between the screen and the cabinet. This area gets washed down pretty good and I'm pretty sure that some moisture did penetrate behind the screen. I was hoping that the color would return to normal after a few days, but there hasn't been any change, good or bad.

I appreciate all the response, advice, and help from you all. Thank you!

I had have no less that three instances of a Panelview Plus inverting the display. (Yes, whole picture upside down.)
One time, we had no spare PV1000+ already out for repair, so the very creative Maintenance Tech, re-mounted it upside down and "lied" to the touch screen cal routine and got it to work for a day that way in production.

Our failures were 90% water intrusion.

Last edited:
The shadow is a darker shade of pink and the highlight is lighter. Sure makes it look like its configured to look that way. If you slide another one of the buttons up there does it change color? If so I would think that a row driver for the LCD has gone wonky