rslinx quits during upload WIN 7

realolman

I am trying to upload a file from a panelview 600 and all it has are serial ports.

I finally got the thing to communicate and in the process of uploading with Panelbuilder 32 it seems to lose connection in RSLinx

It works for approx. 30 sec or so... At one point I got 17% of the file uploaded ...that's the most

Help Please

thank you

Look at configure CIP options in RSlinx. I have mine set up as follows:
Fast PCCC request checked
Slow PCCC request hecked
Messaging Connection 8.0 sec.
Max fast 1
Max slow 1
Max unconnected 4
DH+ interface 4.00 sec
Max fast 4
Max slow 2

Last edited:
PanelBuilder32's file transfer utility might also allow you to use its internal drivers, rather than RSLinx. Give that a shot.

If the PanelView has version 3 or later firmware, you can use an ATA style PCMCIA memory card. Even a CompactFlash card formatted for FAT16 (under 2 GB) will work in a Type II PCMCIA carrier.

thanks for posting ... It has ben a looney bin here today ( as usual ) the USB to serial is a Gigaware (Gigabyte... sheesh )

Ken, I don't know what you mean.. I thought Panelbuilder used RSLinx. How would I do it without RSLinx?

Also, for what its worth, I uploaded the file from the panelview 600 in first shot without a hitch using the old XP computer and Panelbuiler 32 ... does that indicate anything other than the obvious?

Cornbread... I tried your settings ... It was about 10 times slower than the XP computer was ... It did make it to 27% which was the highest I was able to go with the WIN 7 computer, but it still quit

thanks

Wait a second. Did you say you're running PB32 on a windows 7 machine? I thought that PB32 was incompatible with Windows 7. What version of RSLinx are you using?

Did you use a real serial port on the old XP?
no... it was a gigaware usb to serial converter

Wait a second. Did you say you're running PB32 on a windows 7 machine? I thought that PB32 was incompatible with Windows 7. What version of RSLinx are you using?

well, that's what I was trying to do, yeah. I don't know the version ... I'm home now

I think most everything is incompatible with WIN 7 I was hooked up to a controller with RSLogix 5000 today and it wouldn't do much of anything right... I finally went and got the XP machine and fixed what was wrong... I don't know what to do with that WIN 7 machine... I think they (Rockwell and MS) should have this stuff ironed out long before I get it

They do it depends on what versions you are running. PB32 is for standard PVs. The software was probably first created in the late 1980s. And the standard PVs are obsolete now. So expecting it to run on windows 7 now is a little unrealistic.