digi iap to wonderware

ygnm

hello. i have a digi iap haz that is pulling data from several mc-III flowmeters. that data is currently being used for an online site where operators can view it. i want to be able to access that data so that i can put it on our wonderware. i have never set one of these up for this before so any help that can be offered will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

yes they are all on the same network. i think i can set it up in kepware but i have never done so before and i dont want to have the kepserver to disrupt the polling that is done for the ilink data. i have looked in kepserver and i am not sure what i need to set it up as to even get it to poll.

I think the first step would be to look at the configuration in the Digi. Their website has plenty of info on how to do this. You just type in it's ip address, user name root, password dbps, unless it's been changed. It can and may be configured to communicate with multiple masters, in which case polling it from kepware wouldn't interfere with with the existing scheme. Are you already using kepware to poll other modbus devices?

i use kepware to poll the abb totalflows that we use out here. i have been trying to access the digi via my browser but somebody must have changed the login info at some point and i cant find anyone that knows what it is. my thing is i am not sure what type of device to set it up as in kepware. i appreciate the help.

Without being able to log into the web interface, there's not a whole lot you can do, short of factory reset and reconfiguring. Obviously that will interrupt the polling from the existing client. You would have to know the addresses of the mc-III's to be able to poll them. I believe you can get the address by scrolling through the options on the mc-III display, or via a serial cable and the software that is a free download from c-a-m.com.
Are the Totalflows on a serial network or ethernet?

the totalflows are ethernet. and i figured out a way i can get the modbus addresses for the devices but i still cant figure out which type of device i should set this thing up as. giving me fits.

Then it is probably talking ABB proprietary protocol and not modbus. Wonderware comes with a modbus IO server that may work, though I don't recall if it supports modbus tcp. I would suggest downloading a modbus tcp master tool such as Simply Modbus to test whether or not you can poll the mc-III's. Their modbus register list is on there website I believe, if not I have it. Good luck

i was told by another guy out here that kepserver could do it. i guess i am going to just have to set it up as each one until i find one that works. thanks for the help though

its going to depend on how the digi is setup. if the digi was setup to use modbus tcp using port 502, you would use the modbus ethernet drivers. if the digi is setup as just a portserver, then it would be using encapsulated modbus on port 2101. you would then use the encapsulated mode on the digi modbus serial driver.

also, if yall arent happy with ilinkdata's service we have a hosting solution that is definitely more affordable.

Last edited:
its going to depend on how the digi is setup. if the digi was setup to use modbus tcp using port 502, you would use the modbus ethernet drivers. if the digi is setup as just a portserver, then it would be using encapsulated modbus on port 2101. you would then use the encapsulated mode on the kepware modbus serial driver.

also, if yall arent happy with ilinkdata's service we have a hosting solution that is definitely more affordable.

made a mistake.