Pass variable

davetcw

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have a display using a parameter file. I want to be able to click on a button and have it bring up a popup display that displays the tag value associated with a placeholder. However, the placeholder needs to passed to the display from the first display so I can use the same display to come up when I click on different buttons, if this makes sense. Or if you have a better idea. :confused:

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have a display using a parameter file. I want to be able to click on a button and have it bring up a popup display that displays the tag value associated with a placeholder. However, the placeholder needs to passed to the display from the first display so I can use the same display to come up when I click on different buttons, if this makes sense. Or if you have a better idea. :confused:

We are good, but not mind readers. What equipment are you talking about? Brand, Model Numbers, Revision as applicable...

I've just spent a bunch of time figuring the same thing out.
I wasn't able to pass parameters through a second level of parameter files, but I was able to use a parameter file to the first level, and then a parameter list to get to the second level passing through the tags from the first level parameter file
Example:
ParameterFile1:
#1=tag1
#2=tag2

Parameter list from intermediate screen to second screen:
{#1},{#2},tag3,tag4,etc