Coonected Componentes Workbench: Is it possible to know the version of a .CHA file?

asteroide

Hello friends.

I have gotten a .CHA file from a PC backup. It is from a Panelview Component C300 (2711C-T3M).

Nobody knows in what software or version was made.

I have tried with CCW8:

File/Import Device/PVc application...

But a message appears:

"Import PVc application not successful."

I guess if I have the lastest version of CCW, I should be able to open old version, but this does not happen.

Also I have tried with CCW7 and CCW3, but without success.

Is it possible to open in another way? or should I install every version (CCW6, CCW5, CCW4, ...) until it opens?

Best regards

PVc_CCW8.jpg

I rarely use ccw so I'm not familiar with versioning issues but if you want to post a link to a file (or pm me a link) I'll investigate if there is a way to tell the version.

Problem solved¡

The issue was that the extension was in capital letters .CHA

Should be .cha

Thank you for your help

Glad you found the issue and thanks for updating the forum. Hopefully they know of the error and fix it in a future release. Seems silly that the file extension is case sensitive.

BTW, I created a project and exported it to .cha. I right clicked on the file and opened it in a text editor (Notepadd++) and it appears to have the version in the first line after the device. Mine has a bunch of nonsense, then I see "2711C-T10C 6.0". Not that it matters to you now but if you are ever curious...