license

sultanahmed

Hi All,

I am using cimplcity version 9.0, never use this software, i want to know what is difference between

1) "IC646TDV300 300 I/O Point Development System
IC646TRT300 300 I/O Point Runtime System"

2) suppose i used 250 points in Cimplcity and licensed it(i have 300 point licence),if i want to add more 50 points does it works ??? or i need another license for it???

3)suppose i used 300 points in cimplicity licensed it(i have 300 points license),and want to add more 300 (so how much points license i required 300 or 600)???

thanks in advance

1. A development system license means you can create a Cimplicity project or edit an existing one. A runtime license only allows you to run a Cimplicity project. A development license includes a runtime license.
2. If you have a 300 point development license and a 250 point project you will be able to add up to 50 more points to the project. If you only have a 300 point runtime license and a 250 point project, you will need a development license to be able to edit the project.
3. As far as I know, the cost to upgrade a license from one point count to another is the price difference between the two plus a handling fee and not the full cost of the larger point count count license.

Thanks for quick reply,
point 2 Means i can edit points in future,
how do i check my cimplicity Development points limitation and run time points limitation in cimplicity software?????

Last edited:
point 2. if you have a runtime licence. stop the project, start OEMKEY restart workbench and you can alter the project.