Factorytalk View version Compatibilty

Welsyntoffie

We are currently using factorytalk view SE version 6.1 as our server.
Now the problem is with factorytalk view SE client (view point) version 7. It is installed on a remote pc, when trying to connect to the server to view the project I get an error. Server can not be viewed with this client version.

Does this mean that the two versions are not compatible with each other?
Is there maybe something I am missing.

I can not get support from rockwell as my company purchased the software and the person responsible for this type of problems is currently on leave.

Can any one explain this issue please?

It means that Version 6.1 is not version 7, and the two will not talk.
Period.

You must have not only the exact same version, but also the exact same service patches (if any were applied).