FTView 8, HMI Tags parameters

Adam Bullen

Is it possible to access the parameters of the local HMI Tags parameters?

I have looked everywhere and this simple thing frustrating me to no end.

In Wonderware I simply have tagName.MaxEU or something similar and the value pops out.

What is the equivalent in RSView? I can't just pull in the value from a PLC.

Something in FTView equivalent to WonderWare?
You aren't going to find that.
WonderWare is polished, slick fast, smooth, refined, subtle, and doesn't try to take complete ownership of the PC it is installed on.
FTView is a turd.
You cannot actually use any tag fields, except to display them, using a special "Advanced" object called a "Tag Label". That is it.
You can get to them in VBA, but that is only because Rockwell needs to allow VBA to have the functionality that they intentionally left out of FTView.

Put them in the PLC, read them as string's. That is what I do.
I even keep min/max setpoints in the PLC.

FTView is total garbage, and Rockwell just want's to keep it that way.