Browser Logo

It's from your bookmarks. When you create a bookmark (ie. favorite), IE goes to the server of the site and retrieves an icon file. If none exists it uses the default IE icon.

A website simply adds the icon to the server with a special filename.

Oddly enough you have reminded me to change it to match the icon for the main url. Which means it should look like this:

[attachment]

Not pretty... but gets the job done.
Enjoy,

plcsneticon.gif

My Explorer Tool Bar

I drag the icon in the address url area over to the links area. I usually edit the links as Phils would take up too much space.

I find that sometimes the ICON gets lost and I must drag repeat the procedure. I still haven't figured out where these icons are kept.

toolbars.png

Last edited:
Thanks.
I see.
favicon.ico

favicon.ico

favicon.ico

favicon.ico