FactoryTalk Linx Browser

BeepBob

Hello all,

I have an issue with Factorytalk Linx browser.

The browser is in read-only mode due to nobody log on. I can't add a driver.

I pressed log-on and type in the admin username and password.

And I get the message " unable to log on user" from computer < TestA > " There is no account for this computer < TestA > in the network directory.....

My confusion is: This Factorytalk linx browser is being run on a workstation <TestB> that I remote desktop into, why is it trying to validate the credential I just put in against my local computer <TestA>? The computer I am using to remote desktop into the dev environment has nothing to do with Factorytalk

It makes no sense?

Sounds like you might have a configuration issue with FactoryTalk Directory.
Try reconfiguring using FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard.
You might also need to "Repair" your FactoryTalk Services Platform.

I don't remember all of the specifics, but when you remote in to another computer, it still acts as though you are on the main computer as you are experiencing. You will need to add <TestA> to the FactoryTalk Directory on <TestB> in order for it to work. You will need to do this for subsequent machines that might be remoting in to TestB.

There is a KB article about it, but you need a TechConnect contract to view it: ID: QA7701 | Access Levels: TechConnect