S7-300 CPU, expansion rack IO modules crossed out in HWConfig?

jwilcoxson

Hello,

We have a system integrator at a site that is reporting that the IO modules in a S7 expansion rack (using IM360/360 modules) are crossed out, does anyone know what this means? The system is inoperative, and none of the DO module in the expansion rack have active outputs. It is a system that was previously working, and has had no changes until this.

Unfortunately, I don't have much more information right now, and the integrator will not be able to be back until tomorrow morning. At that time he is going to get me the diagnostic buffer and we will troubleshoot more.

I assume this was in the online view of the HW Config. Usually crossed out means that the module couldn't be reached.

Could mean anything from the module missing, to the connection cable being unplugged, the device not powered on, etc. I've never worked specifically with the expansion racks before, however, we always just use distributed IO.