Red Lion G3 and Delta RMC75E

Lamboom

Lifetime Supporting Member
HI
Just started learning the care and feeding of the Delta RMC75E. Great manual (only 1221 pages) and fine video tutorials, plus excellent educational options online.

I'm working on a project that requires creating curves on the fly,(mathematically) and being able to modify them in amplitude and time. like a generic sine wave, with amplitude and period, selected within a small range (0.1 to 10.0 inches & 0.2 to 5.0 seconds), all commands to the RMC are from the HMI.

There would also be several other types of curves, created from math equations, where they too, could be adjusted in amplitude and time.(by the HMI)

I want to do it all from a Red Lion G3xxC210 HMI .. no PLC in the loop. Just the HMI, a Delta RMC75E, and LinMot's "dumb" servo driver B1100-VF .. running a Linear Motor (with quadrature feedback)

Anyone ever tried to do something like that? ... Do ya think it's doable?

Thanks, Regards, Michael