Factorytalk ME v8 error

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi I am trying to open my project. It was fine yesterday

Today, I get an error message and the project does not open

The message is

Failed to open the FactoryTalk private directory for the application 'myproject'

The project appears in windows explorer and within the folder list is a folder called 'private directory' which has 2 files..

myproject.prd and myproject.prd.bak

I tried renaming .prd to prd1 and removing the .bak which made no difference

I am desperate to get this resolved

Thanks

I was having some weird issues on start up too. Restarting the computer fixed them. Have you tried that?

I just had the same problem out of nowhere.

Restarting many times did not fix this problem. I deleted both the files in the Private Directory folder and then it opened. FTView rebuilt both those files immediately.