micrologix 1000

Short answer: Yes, you can use a MicroLogix 1000 and a PanelView 300 together. You do not necessarily need an AIC+.

Long answer: If you only need to connect the PanelView and the MicroLogix together, get a DF1 protocol PanelView terminal and just connect them with a serial cable.

If you need to connect your PC at the same time, you need a DH485 protocol PanelView terminal, and a 1761-NET-AIC isolator.

NOT TRUE, Yes you can communicate using DH485, from micro logix to Pview 300 or Pview 300 Micro DF-1 OR DH485

DF-1 comms is straight forward,

If using DH485
Configure your plc program communication driver to DH485 in RSLogix, download, change your RSLinx settings, go online and restart processor. If using Win 2000 or XP will need to use delete DF-1 in Linx, then install pic adaptor in Linx to get DH485 to communicate with PLC.
Other option with DH485 installed on program in PLC is to use communication default button on processor after program downloaded, hold button until light comes on then DF-1 default comms to PLC becomes active again. Be sure to turn off default comms button after done with PC to PLC afterwards to get Pview to communicate to PLC.

Hope it helps.

Damn I should learn how to read, you are absolutely correct, if you want to be able to communicate with PC and Pview to Micrologix Simultaneously you will need an AIC, if you don't DF1 or DH485 comms will work.