Red Lion Alternatives

JohnM212

Hi I am currently looking to find some alternatives to Red Lion's Data Station Plus. I have found that Siemens and Schneider Electric both have similar products but I was wondering if any of you know of any other companies? The data logger needs to be able to accept digital and analog inputs, as it measures water flow. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi I am currently looking to find some alternatives to Red Lion's Data Station Plus. I have found that Siemens and Schneider Electric both have similar products but I was wondering if any of you know of any other companies? The data logger needs to be able to accept digital and analog inputs, as it measures water flow. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Why are you looking for an alternative to Red Lion DSP?

Just to explore all of the options. Would Red Lion be considered the best or one of the best in this area? Based on your reply it seems like that's the case?

Just to explore all of the options. Would Red Lion be considered the best or one of the best in this area? Based on your reply it seems like that's the case?

Redlion is highly respected on this site and there are quite a few who have a great deal of experience with their products. I was mainly looking for the reason (lack of a required feature) that initiated your search for an alternative.

Another vote for Red Lion - their product flexibility is outstanding. I've also only had one failure (bad backlight) since using them - approx. 50 units in the field. (Kadet and Graphite lines)

The Data Station Plus is not insufficient for our needs (the one exception being wifi connectivity which would be nice to have). This is more about making sure that Red Lion is the right choice and that there isn't a better value product out there as I would not be as knowledgeable as the members of this site regarding data loggers and their manufacturers.

The PLCs I would be using it with are whatever works best with what we decide to go with. All we need are digital and analog inputs for measuring water flow.

Thanks again for the replies this info is greatly appreciated.

Do you need the ability to easily speak different protocols that the Red Lion is good at? Is there a specific sample rate you're looking for?

Wifi can be added easily enough. Red Lion/Sixnet makes some industrial ready devices themselves.