Ftvme question

PERSPOLIS

HI EVERYONE
In FTVME software there is an object under (object,advanced,password). I have searched to find out what is the application of this object (password) in FTVME user guide section 20 but no luck and also I know or at least I know this object(password)is not relevant to security in FTVME. Can somebody throw me some info. Thanks a lot.
Regards Perspolis

Hi

From memory it's to do allowing you to change the password from the hmi
Screen. You can't change user names but you can change the password for a user

Donnchadh

PERSPOLIS said:
...In FTVME software there is an object under (object,advanced,password). I have searched to find out what is the application of this object (password) in FTVME user guide section 20 but no luck...Can somebody throw me some info...

Hi M,

Yes, as Donnchadh points out, this is the "Password Button" object. It is used to allow a User change their password at Runtime, but only if that User Account is not set for "User cannot change password".

The Password button will open a popup display for the User to enter the Old Password, New Password and then Confirm Password.

If you want to Login or Logout a User then you would use the "Login Button" or "Logout Button". These button objects are available for quick selection on the Objects pane at the top.

Regards,
George

FTVME_Password_Button.jpg

...But may I ask what your interest in this object is?

Are you still trying to navigate from the "06 - Ram adjust" display to the secured "07 - Ram Limits" display, and are looking for a way to Login a User before navigating there?

I keep mentioning this in other posts that were related, but you seem to want to "go it alone" with the Security side of things. If you want to figure it out yourself, then that's perfectly fine my friend.

If you are still trying to do the above, then there is a method to do what you originally wanted, but I have a feeling you might not be aware of it and are trying to use just Security based objects (suggested by your interest in the Password Button), to achieve your goals.

If you do want help, or even a pointer, let me know. Otherwise I won't ask again on this matter. The only reason I keep harping on to you about it is that I don't want to see you struggling unnecessarily.

Regards,
George