weintek with control logix 5550

cdnrookie

So my sensors are working well, naturally I want to view the information on one of our HMI's here,

no luck with weintek support, or google searches

Can you connect a weintek MT8070ie with a control logix 5550

Has to be rs232 (only option)

let me know if any of you have worked with this combo before,

thanks

no one have any ideas? support has been no help, they pointed me to chapoter 34 in the manual which had nothing to do with my issue, lol

I believe for serial communication to Controllogix you will need a specific module.. I think it's the Prosoft MVI56E-MCM, I'm not sure though.. I've never worked with weintek, why do you have to use rs232? Is using a gateway an option?

Well, ive made small progress, the hmi seems to be communicating..... at least partially.

Used the compact logix free tags driver and the hmi is now showing the displays I want it to (as others have mentioned, they are invisible if not communicating) Seems I had to jumper 7 and 8 on the HMI end, that was not in the manufactuers pinout.

Unfortunately the display reads 0.00 when I know that the analog card is putting out a 4-20 ma signal

Keep plugging away.............