RSLogix 5000 v19,20 EDS problem?

JohanM

Hi guys.

Sorry for my english. :rolleyes: I have some problem with RSLogix 5000. I worked with version 20 with any problems. I'm working on prject with CompactLogix L24ER. I installed version 19 also, because I have RSEmulate 5000 v19. Everything worked fine (maybe one week). Now I have a problem. If I want to create a new project. I can select only CompactLogix family controlers. I dont see any other type of controler such as ControlLogix or SoftLogix in the new project window. Software is running on WinXP SP4 (SP3 with unoffical SP4)

I tried the folowing:

1. Reinstall RSLogix v20 - no change
2. Reinstall RSLogix v19 - no change
3. Add EDS files from v20 installation files - no change
4. Add EDS files from v19 installation files - no change
5. Uninstall both versions and install just v19 - OK
6. Then install v20 - controllers are misiing
7. Uninstall both versions and install just v20 - OK
8. Install v19 - problem is back
9. Uninstall both versions and install just v20 - problem presist.
10. I create a new Virtual machine with Win7 x64 with RSLogix 19 and 20 and everything is OK, but I cant install RSEmulate 5000 on x64 system :D

Have you ever encountered with such problem? :confused:

Last edited:
I've not seen this, but one thing to check is what license you have - mini, standard, pro, etc. Not all licenses support ControlLogix/SoftLogix.

That doesn't explain why it works with one version installed but not two, so it may not be the problem, but I've seen similar strange things happen before with RSLogix 5000 licenses

You are right. Problem is my licence. I have only "mini" licence for CompactLogix. Thanks for quick suegstion. You save my time:geek:

Glad I could help!

Now the question changes from "why doesn't it work in some situations" to "why does it work in some situations?" :)

Goood question o_O. My opinion is, there is some bug in FactoryTalk License Manager or something like that. Because I found some old licenses in that virtual machine and also running FactoryTalk licenss. Probably there was some conflikt. I dont now, how its exastly work, this licensing mechanism.

Hhmm...when I got a copy of RSEmulate and installed it as V20, I was stuck in a similar loop.

I could not get RSLogix to run and could not get online to anything on the factory - PLC5, nor ControlLogix.

Did the Rockwell support thing, eventually go a 14 page email of "solutions" to try....managed to tray all but the last one...which I could not get the embedded links to work....

Thankfully I had made an image of my laptop's hard drive (win7 X64) and eventually restored that back to get me working. I still have the one that does not connect, but reluctant to put it back in my laptop and try again. So Emulate has been parked for the moment......