RsLogix 5000 v19 on Windows 10

mrctnj

V19 does not run on my Windows 10 laptop, I tried everything
- run as administrator
- compatibility Vista, 7, XP
- reinstall .net framework

Has anyone solved?

Tks

I run v19 on Windows 10 without issue, however the official Rockwell response will be to run it in a Windows 7 virtual machine using VMware.

I run v19 on Windows 10 without issue, however the official Rockwell response will be to run it in a Windows 7 virtual machine using VMware.

Same here, on the rare occasion I need it 64-bit Windows 10 runs v19 with no problems.

What error(s) do you get when trying to run?

Is this the only version you have on your PC? I think Windows 10 was officially supported starting with (Studio 5000) version 24. If you install a supported version first, then install the older versions you should get past this. At least that was my experience with unsupported versions. My Win10 VM has all RSLogix/Studio 5000 versions back to version 15.

OG

I have always installed versions I need starting from the oldest (v13) then in order to the newest.

And I've done the opposite :). Sometimes the oldest ones would refuse to install on a newer O/S. But when a newer version was present, they would install.

RS5000 Version 20.05 is supported on Windows 10 so it runs natively. Otherwise I use Oracle's VM Virtualbox. It's free and works really well, haven't run into a problem with it yet.

I installed, from older to newer:
v16 > run
v19 > not run (the "Component of the RSLogix 5000 Application (32 bit)" process run but application never start).
v20 > run

I need v19 for old project, I tried in "5" windows 10 Laptop (HP, Asus, Dell) only "1" works.
Rockwell told this is a known issue, they also suggest Vm (but license?)

RS5000 Version 20.05 is supported on Windows 10 so it runs natively. Otherwise I use Oracle's VM Virtualbox. It's free and works really well, haven't run into a problem with it yet.

Version 20.05 is only three years old, so it isn't surprising that they tested it for use with Windows 10. Just goes to show that just because a version isn't officially supported, that doesn't mean that it doesn't work. It just means they haven't tested it and approved it. That tells me all v20 revs are probably ok to use.

mrctnj, I know you said you tried settings for compatibility mode, run as administrator and so on, but did you change those settings on the executable, or just on the shortcut? The executable file is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v19\Bin

Then right-click on RS5000 and select Properties and then the Compatibility tab.

OG

I tried to run as administrator both, executable and shortcut.

I also tried to run, always as administrator, the "loader.exe" (which starts the newer version) it works only until I install the v19.

Here's a thread in which I documented my efforts of installing everything from v13 through v32 on a Windows Server 2019 machine, which is for all intents and purposes the same as Windows 10 with less Candy Crush. There may be something in there to help you out.

We had similar issue. V19 is NOT officially supported on Windows 10. Sometime it runs but not other time. We ended up upgrading all firmware to V20.

Just because someone here say it runs fine on Win 10 doesn't really help you as again, it's just not officially supported on that OS.

We had similar issue. V19 is NOT officially supported on Windows 10. Sometime it runs but not other time. We ended up upgrading all firmware to V20.

Just because someone here say it runs fine on Win 10 doesn't really help you as again, it's just not officially supported on that OS.

My department ran into the same issue and did as you by upgrading the firmware to something that officially supports Win10. We tried to standardize so that the 1756-L5X went to v16, since 16.05 is approved for Win10. All the 1756-L6X and 1769-L32E went to V20 and after much harrasing I think I got everyone to install v20.05 which is Win10 approved and doesn't have the minor rev bug.
We have some departments however that refuse to play along. One in particular has a machine running v10, a handful of v12, and a medley of everything up to v33. Two engineers from the same department run different versions of V21. ;) It's not like these machines never get a chance to be flashed up, and we have spare processors in case something goes horribly wrong. I usually would flash the spare, dump the program in, and go out and swap the processor. I do the same with the networking cards. If something does go wrong, I can always just put it back.