Rslogix 5000 v19 force mask the issues

CeejAB1973

Hello. I was working on commissioning some control logix programs when I somehow lost the ability to force I/O's form the controller tag screen. Everything in the force mask column is greyed out and can't type a number in. It was all working fine in the morning and then stopped. The only thing I did at the time (I think) was click on window and hit new window. When I open other projects the same thing happens. Just trying to test Ao's and DO's while equipment is offline.

Any suggestions??? I've read old forums but none seem to relate.

maybe the figure below will help ...

if that doesn't do it, then the detail provided in the following thread should help you understand more about "forces" in general ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=537414&postcount=1

if all of that fails, then post a screen shot of what you're seeing and we'll help you nail it all down ...

welcome to the forum ...

Try_Forcing_3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure that I made my point in the figure I posted above – so just for completeness ...

if you apply a Force to an Input tagname while you're OFFLINE, then the status of the "Value" column will not necessarily change to reflect the "forced" condition ...

Thanks Ron. That post did help. I could still force real outputs. What I couldn't force I believe was tied to an hmi password and I think because it auto logged out I was no longer able to force certain outputs. (But I could be wrong, I haven't got back online to test)

I'm a bootcamp graduate from last spring and it was a big help, unfortunately I was not able to get back to the contrologix course. Maybe soon!

Gary: you can force in the program while offline.

Thanks all