GE 90/30 Battery Issue

biil2769

I have a 90/30 that keeps draining the battery and then at next start up there's no program. This has happened 3x's so far.

The machine sits for long periods with the power off.

The last battery was replaced in January 2015 and when I went to start it up last week the battery was dead and no program.

I did try a new power supply this time to try that but the length of time in between runs makes it harder to find cause of the issue.

Any ideas of what to replace would be appreciated.

Thanks

this is the original hardware config.
IC693CPU350 CPU
IC693CMM311 COMMUNICATION
IC693MDL646 NEG INPUT
IC693MDL646 NEG INPUT
IC693MDL646 NEG INPUT
IC693MDL646 NEG INPUT
IC693MDL646 NEG INPUT
IC693MDL740 OUTPUT
IC693MDL740 OUTPUT
IC693MDL740 OUTPUT

With that CPU, if all you need to keep is the Logic and hardware configuration you can tell the CPU to "Copy from PROM" (Flash) on power up in the CPU's 'Hardware Configuration' then burn that to flash on downloading and forget the battery.

Or there are new battery types now that you could use. Contact your rep or distributor for those options or search the GEIP Support site.

Last edited: