PID Micrologix 1400

Wendon65

I am having trouble with PID instruction. I have done this many times with a SLC500 but not with the Micrologix 1400.
Basically I am confused on the setup for the PID.
PID File(I am using the PD9:0
I am using a 1726 IF2OF2 I/O card for my 4-20ma Input I:1.0 Xducer
and 4-20ma output O:1.0 to control a VFD
I am using a touch panel to choose a setpoint (SP)

I am getting an instruction fault when downloaded to the ML1400

Thank you for any help on this

Welcome to the Forum !

What exactly is the text of the error message ?

Is it a message generated by RSLogix 500 during compiling and download, or a fault code that appears when the controller is put into RUN mode, or something else ?

Hi Ken, In the data status file window I have an error of an Invalid PID instruction parameter. I am still messing around with it, but cannot seem to identify what that might be

The more information you can provide, the better.

The whole *.RSS file would be ideal, or a screenshot of the PID instruction setup might help too.

Just got off the phone with tech support.
I had 1 parameter in the PID setup screen that was not changed. There is a note in the manual that describes this. Factory default on the loop update tuning parameter is 0.0. This must have a value. changed it to .1 and the program can now go into RUN.
Thank you for your help. I hope this post helps someone in the future