Device Logix of AB E300 overload relay

minaykha

Hi,

Anybody can advise, where can i do device logix of E300 overload relay ?
I already updated the firmware to V5.

When the time i use E3plus, i can do it in RsNetworx.

But, In E300, i got no idea.

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi Jraef,

I read the manual but i could not find that.

My manual is E300 Electronic Overload relay user manual Bul.193/592 with 546 pages.

Could you please advise which manual you mention and where can i find it?

Thank you.

DeviceLogix editors have always been embedded in other software products. I'm familiar with using RSNetworx for DeviceNet to launch the DeviceLogix editor, but it also exists as a module of DriveExecutive and as part of the variable-speed drive configurations in Connected Components Workbench.

For the E300, I think that RA has packaged up the DeviceLogix editor inside an Add-On Profile for the module, so that it can be launched from within Studio 5000.

RA Knowledgebase Article ID # 626729 suggests that AOP for Version 5 of the E300 firmware will be available "Fall 2015" and there's a Version 5 AOP on the AOP webpage that was released a couple of weeks ago.

I'm downloading and installing that right now to see what it does.

Interesting results !

It looks like DeviceLogix in the E300 can only execute pre-defined programs that are configurable as "control strategies".

The new v5.0 Add-On Profile for the E300 suggests you can view and monitor that pre-defined DeviceLogix program, but not edit it or create your own.

E300_DLogix_Dialog.jpg

Dear Ken,

thank for info.

Can you please give me download link for V5.0 add-on profile for E300?

I don't have Studio 5000 to configure the device, I only have Rslogix 5000 and Rsnetworx.

I will use E300 as stand alone, meaning that not connecting with PLC.

So far, i am still blur and no idea for configuring the device.

i would like to see the V5.0 AOP first.

Thank.

In case you don't know where to look it up, here is a link to the Knowledgebase technote article that Ken linked above...

626729 - E300 Overload Relay DeviceLogix without network
Access Level: Everyone

If you can access that technote then you will clearly see mentioned that...

"The E300 overload relay can be used as a stand-alone device. The user will need to first set the IP address and access the embedded webpage to configure the FLA setting, enable trip conditions, etc."

It then goes on to link you to...

587563 - Setting the IP address on the E300 Overload and accessing the embedded webpage

I hope this is a help to you.

Regards,
George

This one is for updating the E300 to v5 firmware, so it can be used with the now released v5 Add-On Profile that Ken loaded above...

732324 - Instructions for E300 firmware upgrade to Version 5.082

If you go to the RSLogix 5000 Add-On Profiles download page...

https://download.rockwellautomation.com/esd/download.aspx?downloadid=addonprofiles

...and look for...

193-ECM-ETR E300 Electr Overload Relay 5.01.01 2015/10/13 406 MB

You can then install the v5 AOP and use the newer v5 features, but this is still read only.

EDIT: I beg your pardon - I just noticed you said you had already updated the firmware to v5. I'll leave the info up for others, just in case.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Dear George,

Thank a lot and appreciate your info.

Now i know what i can try and how to carry on.

Now i trying to use external DeviceLogix programming tool which come together with V5.0 AOP.

It is so called, ASDeviceLogix , under C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Module Profiles\RA ArmorStart Common

Regards,
Min.